Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Kirsten's Midsummer Basket

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am reorganizing all my stuff today and took out my Midsummer basket for the second time. Even though it's never been out, and has only been stored under Felicity's Riding habit, it broke.

    It is definetly wood. But the wood used kind of reminds me of wood in a pencil.

    I am so sad it broke. I don't want to have to order another, so I'm thinking about seeing if I can rebend the wood to put it back together, but pretty much the entire handle has marks showing stress points. Only one has actually cracked, but I think fixing that might crack the other parts.

    [img]frown.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry it broke! I have it and think it is cute!! I have the flowers in it now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I hope you order another one and have two.

    Also hope you can fix the one that broke.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Bean Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2006
    Posts
    465
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I heard AG has really amazing customer service, call them up and see if they'll replace it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Skittl1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2005
    Posts
    1,310
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know, I'm sure they would replace it- and have had them replace things for me before when they broke, but it was definetly in one piece when I got it, and it's most likely my fault that it broke, so I just feel bad about asking them.

    Even if I can't fix it, I might just chop the handle off and call it a planter.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You should do a search on past posts-I'm pretty sure I remember a board member complaining that their midsummer basket broke when she took it out of the box, so there may just be a problem with that item. I think I remember CS replacing hers, so you really should call them-the damage probably wasn't your fault, especially if it was just sitting in a box with something light on top of it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member mandasmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2003
    Posts
    326
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Found it-http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2155&t=24342

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jenndon's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2005
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I remembered that someone else's broke, too. Mine broke, but I really felt bad, because I sort of sat on it. However, I think that something more substantial would not have broken. I also figured that I could call and have it replaced (because it is supposed to be a TOY and with some play could have broken anyway), but it's my fault. Mine is still attached, but now very loose/cracked at both places the handle attaches.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think that it is right that it breaks so easy. I wouldn't hesitate to call customer service and ask for a replacement. Good luck!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ColonialGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2005
    Posts
    226
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was the one who posted about my basket breaking. I had only taken it out of the box and it hadn't even been displayed yet. I know what you mean about the wood being sort of like a pencil. I think some of the baskets are really fragile.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •